3 min read
That's right, I'm hiring!
When I started this journey with my business last year, folks told me I'd be thinking about hiring someone else sooner than I expected. I appreciated their wisdom, but still ... in the back of my mind, I was thinking: "Eh, that's not in the plan. I'm never hiring anyone else."
Well, what's that saying? You don't know what you don't know ... until you know it, that is. Now, seven months later, I'm surprised (but also beyond excited!) to announce that I'm hiring a full-time HubSpot implementation specialist to join the GBT and HubHeroes family.
Throughout this journey, I have been absolutely humbled and astounded by the number of people who need good HubSpot help from good humans. Today, I've reached the point where what started as a personal brand has rapidly scaled to something where I need more than just me. I need another HubHero to stand by my side.
Read on to learn more about the role and apply!
Is this the right role for you? 🤔
I'll get to the basics — like qualifications, responsibilities, and so on — in a minute. First, I want to talk about the spirit of the role and what makes you the right fit to come work with me. If you don't check these boxes, this may not be the right HubSpot role for you.
I want you to apply to this role if:
- You may only have one to three years of HubSpot experience, but the promise of the Big Orange Sprocket totally lights you up.
- You're a fundamentally good human who comes alive when you're of genuine service to others and helping other achieve success on their terms.
- You don't find your self-worth in a job title. (For example, I don't really have one myself beyond "HubSpot Helper"!) You're fulfilled by the work you do and the people you work alongside with.
- You're a hungry learner with a strong work ethic.
- You're interested in building a personal brand and a platform as a trusted HubSpot educator in the inbound space alongside me.
- You're not interested in being managed like a button-pushing subordinate — you want to feel like an equal, a collaborator, and a partner.
- You thrive in collaborative environments where you get to brainstorm with other people, and do the implementation work to bring those ideas to life.
- Finally, the idea of community excites you — community is everything here. It's what we're building and it's who we serve.
Qualifications and desired skills 🤓
There's a lot of learning that happens in your first few years in the HubSpot ecosystem. So, if you don't check every single one of these boxes, that doesn't mean you shouldn't apply. With that in mind, here are some of the basics of what I'm looking for:
- One to three years of HubSpot implementation experience.
- Baseline knowledge of inbound marketing strategy basics — content, SEO, social media, and so on. (Psst! The HubSpot Marketing, HubSpot Sales, SEO 1, Social Media, and Content Marketing certifications checks this box!)
- Understands fundamentals of core HubSpot activities including, but not limited to, list segmentation, workflow automations, reporting, and general CRM usage.
- Comfortable with HubSpot CMS Hub's drag-and-drop tools and modules (no coding experience required).
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices and trends.
- Basic understanding of conversion rate optimization best practices.
- HTML and CSS (training resources will also be provided).
- SEO and on-page content optimization (knowledge of the basics is a must).
- HubSpot Marketing Hub and HubSpot Sales Hub experience are a must.
- HubSpot CMS Hub experience is strongly preferred.
- HubSpot Service Hub and HubSpot Operations Hub experience are nice-to-haves.
- If you're a content creator or have experience with conversion copywriting, that's a bonus!
- Experience being on camera (nice to have, not a need to have).
- Graphic design (a nice-to-have, but not a deal-breaker; if you’re a Canva warrior, we still want to talk to you).
What you'll be doing in this role 🛠️
Of course, no two days look the same here. But here is a quick snapshot of some of the common responsibilities you'll take on in this role:
- Day-to-day implementation work across all HubSpot Hubs, across multiple clients.
- Meeting with clients and prospects, as needed, for discovery, brainstorming, weekly check-ins and more.
- Creating HubSpot forms, list segmentation, customizing records inside of HubSpot, lead nurturing workflows, and email subscription systems.
- Analyzing data in real-time to effectively monitor campaign performance to make recommendations as needed.
- Building landing pages or website pages in HubSpot CMS.
- Developing and staging content for use inside HubSpot.
- Creating dashboards and closed-loop reporting.
- Crafting baller HubSpot education for our community alongside yours truly.
- Actively brainstorming and proposing new ideas for inbound marketing campaigns.
Salary, benefits, and PTO 🏝️
So, while we can’t give a number here that will apply to all of you (as your compensation will be commensurate with your experience), we can say that the starting range of this role is between $60,000 - $70,000. You'll also be provided with the right gear you need to get the job done.
While a lot of places like to throw around "potential for growth" with salary, I actually mean it. I'm a firm believer in rewarding those who show up, work hard, and strive to make a difference in the lives of others. We're building this ship together, my friend. We'll grow together, as well.
Right off the bat, you'll have four weeks of paid vacation you can take per year, plus holidays and seven (7) sick days. After your first two years, that'll jump to eight weeks of paid vacation, plus holidays and seven (7) sick days. After four years, well, if you've been with me for that long, you will get a one-month (30-day) sabbatical in addition to your eight weeks of paid vacation, holidays, and seven (7) sick days.
Currently, I don't offer employee-provided medical insurance. However, depending on your circumstances and needs, we can talk about health care stipends and other compensation options to offset the cost of finding healthcare on your own.
Other perks + benefits
When you work with me, rest assured you are working with someone who truly gives a damn about you. That means we can talk about potential educational reimbursements for certifications, attending conferences, and more.
Are you ready to apply?
If you've gotten this far and are feeling sparks of that potential "fully body YES!" flying around, I definitely want to hear from you. Fill out the form below, and let's get this conversation started. Because I need help like, yesterday!