Guess who's back? Back again!
Yeah, yeah, it's your boy, George.
I'm back ... on a brand new search for a good human to join my team.
But first, can we talk about the fact that it was only a little over a month ago that I came to you all, my HubHero community, with a tale of how I was beside myself with shock that I needed to hire someone to work alongside me?
"Hiring someone is never going to be a part of the plan," I told myself (and many of you, actually) when I started this journey less than a year ago. I was wrong, of course, but it was the good kind of wrong. Being wrong led me to bring on Jorge Fuentes as a HubSpot implementation specialist.
Now, it looks like I'm going to be wrong a second time. I'm back looking for yet another incredible human with a servant's heart to join the HubHeroes family:
This time, though, I'm not looking for a HubSpot ninja, I'm looking for a project manager who will be charged with enabling our team to help our clients write the HubSpot success stories of their dreams.
Are you that project manager? Let's find out ...
Is this the right role for you? 🤔
I'll get to the basics — like qualifications, responsibilities, and so on — in a minute. First, I want to talk about the spirit of the role and what makes you the right fit to come work with me. If you don't check these boxes, this may not be the right HubSpot role for you.
I want you to apply to this role if:
- You're a fundamentally good human who comes alive when you're of genuine service to others and helping other achieve success on their terms.
- You don't find your self-worth in a job title. (For example, I don't really have one myself beyond "HubSpot Helper"!) You're fulfilled by the work you do and the people you work alongside with.
- You're a hungry learner with a strong work ethic.
- You're someone who naturally creates ease and relieves anxiety through your work, because there's no detail that ever escapes your eye.
- You feel like you were born to help others, and you use your organizational and planning superpowers to empower others to do their best work.
- You're no slouch when it comes to wrangling packed schedules, managing folks who maybe say "Yes!" a little too often (with good intent!), and bringing teams together.
- You thrive in collaborative environments where you get to brainstorm with other people, and do the implementation work to bring those ideas to life.
- Finally, the idea of community excites you — community is everything here. It's what we're building and it's who we serve.
Qualifications and desired skills 🤓
Honestly, I'm super excited to see who applies for this role, because project management is not exactly my usual wheelhouse — hi, that's why I'm looking for you! I need you!
So, below you'll see some base qualifications, but also a few wide ranges. That's because I'm interested in looking for the right person, and I've learned many times that the "right person" can often come from surprising places.
Of course, you must have experience as a project manager for consideration (this isn't an entry level role), but I'm open-minded about what industries you've served, as well as how long you've been in the game:
- Two to eight years of project management experience in a fast-paced environment. Especially if it was for a service-based business.
- Experience managing projects that are short-term and long-term, with multiple players, teams, and company stakeholders.
- Very comfortable using, customizing, and maintaining ClickUp, which is our project management software of choice. (This is a big must on my list!)
- Inbound marketing and HubSpot industry knowledge is a plus, but it's not a requirement.
- If you also have an inbound marketing agency background, that's great, too! (Certainly not a requirement.) Just don't expect the typical agency experience here — and I mean that in a good way.
Now, for a few skills and traits I believe should go without saying, but just in case:
- Impeccable, proactive communication skills (written, verbal)
- Positive, human-centric attitude
What you'll be doing in this role 🛠️
Of course, no two days look the same here. But here is a quick snapshot of some of the common responsibilities you'll take on in this role:
- Acting as the day-to-day implementation side of my brain when it comes to delivering for our clients
- Overseeing ongoing projects and managing the workflow for each team member
- Overall structure development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing governance of our ClickUp project management system
- Taking an active role in the planning process for projects and retainers, so work is completed on time, with a keen eye for serving our clients without burning out our people in the process
- Wrangling assets (human and otherwise) throughout projects to keep everyone on track and marching in the same direction
- A hand in reimagining what project management can and should look like in an agency setting, so everyone wins
Salary, benefits, and PTO 🏝️
Because of the wide range of experience we're accepting for this role, the salary for this position will be highly dependent upon your experience. $50,000 - $82,500.
While a lot of places like to throw around "potential for growth" with salary, I actually mean it. I'm a firm believer in rewarding those who show up, work hard, and strive to make a difference in the lives of others. We're building this ship together, my friend. We'll grow together, as well.
Right off the bat, you'll have four weeks of paid vacation you can take per year, plus holidays and seven (7) sick days. After your first two years, that'll jump to eight weeks of paid vacation, plus holidays and seven (7) sick days. After four years, well, if you've been with me for that long, you will get a one-month (30-day) sabbatical in addition to your eight weeks of paid vacation, holidays, and seven (7) sick days.
Currently, I don't offer employee-provided medical insurance. However, depending on your circumstances and needs, we can talk about health care stipends and other compensation options to offset the cost of finding healthcare on your own.
Other perks + benefits
When you work with me, rest assured you are working with someone who truly gives a damn about you. That means we can talk about potential educational reimbursements for certifications, attending conferences, and more.
Are you ready to apply?
If you've gotten this far and are feeling sparks of that potential "fully body YES!" flying around, I definitely want to hear from you. Fill out the form below, and let's get this conversation started. Because I need help like, yesterday!